The Wenchi Municipal Assembly aspires to be a model Municipality through excellence in service delivery and wealth creation.
To Improve the Quality of the Life of the people in the Municipal by mobilizing Human and Material Resources for the Provision of Social, Economic and Infrastructure Services.
Unity and Development
The core values of the Assembly include;
- Client Orientation
- Efficiency and effective uses of resources
Functions of the Wenchi Municipal Assembly
Section 12 (3) of the Local Governance Act, 2016 (ACT 936) of Ghana prescribes the functions of the Assembly as follows:
- Responsible for the overall development of the Municipality.
- Formulate and execute plans, programmes and strategies for the effective mobilization of the resources necessary for the overall development of the municipality;
- Promote and support productive activity and social development in the municipality and remove any obstacles to initiative and development;
- Sponsor the education of students from the municipality to fill particular man-power needs of the municipality especially in the social sectors of education and health, making sure that the sponsorship is fairly and equitably balanced between male and female students;
- Initiate programmes for the development of basic infrastructure and provide municipal works and services in the Municipality;
- Be responsible for the development, improvement and management of human settlements and the environment in the Municipality;
- In co-operation with the appropriate national and local security agencies be responsible for the maintenance of security and public safety in the Municipality;
- Ensure ready access to courts in the Municipal for the promotion of justice;
- Act to preserve and promote the cultural heritage within the municipality;
- Initiate, sponsor or carry out studies that may be necessary for the discharge of any of the duties conferred by this Act or any other enactment
- Guide, encourage and support sub-district local government bodies, public agencies and local communities to perform their roles in the execution of approved development plans;
- Initiate and encourage joint participation with other persons or bodies to execute approved development plans;
- Promote or encourage other persons or bodies to undertake projects under approved development plans; and
- Perform any other functions that may be provided under another enactment