The Municipal Chief Executive Alexander Obour Damoah has cut sod for construction of new projects under Water & Sanitation projects in Wenchi.
The projects include;
- furnishing, provision of 5No. Massaging Beds and 6No. 1.5HP Split Air Conditioner at Wenchi Sports Field Dressing Room.
- drilling and construction of 1No. Boreholes, provision of of 1No. 5000 Ltrs Water Storage Tank and construction of 1No. 4-Meter High Concrete Stand at Slaughter House.
- drilling and construction of 1No. Boreholes, provision of of 1No. 5000 Ltrs Water Storage Tank and construction of 1No. 4-Meter High Concrete Stand at Wenchi Maize Market.
- construction of 4-unit WC Toilet with 2-unit Urinal under the existing Spectators Stand, installation of 1.5HP Split Air Conditioner at the Press Box at the Wenchi Sports Field, drilling of and mechanisation of 1No. Borehole, construction of 1No. 4-Meter High Concrete Stand and provision of 5000Ltrs Water Storage Tank
- construction of 1No. 5-Seater WC Toilet, 4-Unit Urinal, drilling and mechanization of 1No. Borehole with 5000Ltrs Water Storage Tank and construction of 4-Meter High Concrete Stand at Wenchi Old Market.
- construction of 6-Seater Aqua Privy Toilet with 2-unit Urinal and provision of 5000Ltrs Water Storage for Aswaq Cluster of Schools at Kokroko
In separate ceremonies to cut sod for commencement of work, the MCE encouraged traders, business operators and owners, rate payers and the public to pay their rates, fees toes. The projects were funded with the Assembly’s Internally Generated Fund (IGF) and the District Assembly Common Fund (DACF-RFG IV) The Contractors undertaking the projects were Sam Adomako Construction & Engineering Services Ltd, JOA Constructions, Surprise Vision Construction Ltd and P – Gyabaah Enterprise. The Chief Executive admonished beneficiaries and Contractors of the projects to cooperate and deliver on the expected duration to serve the needed results.
The projects would be monitored and supervised by the Works Engineer of the Assembly Bernard Kwadwo Opoku and Team. The entourage for the ceremony included the PM, Assembly Members of the beneficiary areas, Heads of Department, Chairpersons of Works Committee, and other stakeholders.
By: Stanick Sofel Amuzu Kpodo